Optional board for the SX-AD8+ that allows a direct connection to a Mac by means of a simple RJ45 ethernet cable. No proprietary software is required: once connected to a Mac, the SX-AD8+ is automatically added as a 8-channel audio source.
The card is Power over Ethernet (PoE) capable, meaning that a single ethernet cable is able to power the SX-AD8+ and transports all audio channels.
Apple Mac OS X Support
All Apple Macs with a Thunderbolt port are AVB capable. The latest MacBook Pro model 2016 features only Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports. An Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is required if the Mac does not have a Thunderbolt 2 port. Mac OS version 10.9 or newer is required. To enumerate and stream audio between a SX-AD8+ and a Mac:
- Connect your SX-AD8+ with AVB option card to the Mac via the Ethernet port or Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter
- Open the Audio MIDI Setup utility
- In the menu bar, select Window ► Show Network Device Browser
- SX-AD8+ AVB endpoint will enumerate as SX-AD8+ AVB. Select the checkbox to the left of the entry to connect the device
- The device will appear as an Audio Device in the Audio MIDI Setup window
- Select the SX-AD8+ AVB device on the left, then choose SX-AD8+ AVB as clock source