SX-M2D2 Product Announcement
The SX-M2D2 is a lightweight 2 channels high resolution dual-domain microphones preamplifier with integrated USB audio Class 2. Compact, low power, battery powered, the SX-M2D2 embeds similar high performance dual A/D converters than the SX-R4+. This product is the ideal companion for various mobile environments. Its ergonomic has been carefully designed for convenience and easy of operation.
Inputs / Outputs
- 2x mic/line inputs on TA3, electronically balanced, with phase reversal, 48V phantom, LF cut and level control on the front panel
- 1x AES3/AES42 on TA3, transformer balanced input with phase reversal, 48V phantom, LF cut and level control on the front panel
- 1x line output on TA3, 2 channels analog unbalanced
- 1x AES3 output on TA3, 2 channels transformer balanced with ASRC (48/96/192k)
- 1x USB audio 2 channels input/output on micro USB type B connector
- independent line/headphones stereo output on mini-jack
- 135 dB (A-weighted) overall dynamic range
- THD < 0.001%
- 90 kHz overall frequency response @192kHz
- 24-bit 48/96/192kHz
- external DC 9-18V on Hirose 4-pin
- external DC 5V on micro USB
- removable lithium-ion battery, charged with external DC input
- intelligent energy management
- 128×64 monochrome OLED display
- two rotary encoder for gain control
- intuitive menu navigation
- Machined aluminum housing
- overall dimension: 74 x 28 x 130 mm (2.9’’ x 1.1’’ x 5.1’’)
- weight 300g (0.44lbs) with battery
- mounting holes on both sides
- optional mounting bracket for still camera
Note: preliminary specifications, subject to change without notice
SONOSAX at the IBC show
The next IBC show will take place in Amsterdam, September 14th to 18th. SONOSAX will be there are co-exhibitor on stand E96, Hall 8 with Merging Technologies and PSI Audio. Most of the SONOSAX product range will be presented.
You are more than welcome to visit us!
Meet Ed Novick
Ed lives in Los Angeles, and has been doing motion picture sound for 37 years. He has been nominated 13 times for his work, and has won 6 awards including an Oscar and a BAFTA.
Ed has been a loyal customer for nearly as long as we’ve been in business, and may, in fact, be our longest continuous customer.
SX-R4+ firmware 3.4 released
The lasted firmware introduces a new functionality when operating with the SX-RC8+: all AES input gains can be controlled with the SX-RC8+.In addition, the input menu solo mode has been enhanced: you can solo each channel separately using the rotary encoder push button. There are also some bug fixes, check out the full changelog on the SX-R4+ product page (firmware tab).
We are aware you are waiting two products:
- A Dante option board for both SX-R4+ and SX-AD8+
- A control surface for the SX-R4+
Both products are still under development and will be announced once available. Thanks for your patience!