The SX-M2D2 is all at once:
- A very high quality stereo preamplifier
- An analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter
- A headphone and monitoring amplifier
- A USB sound card compatible with any type of computer or smartphone
- An audio mixer with an integrated full featured compressor-limiter.
An embedded digital matrix allows any input to be routed to any output or to an internal stereo mixer. The fully digital controls allow menu access to all features with only two rotary encoders. A high-brightness graphic display shows the available options and settings as well as four modulometers assignable in pairs to any signal source. The power supply from a standard battery, recharged in the device, guarantees hours of autonomy, even if the two power sources available to the SX-M2D2 are unplugged.
The possibilities of implementation are endless:
- As a complement to a TV cinema recording equipment or as a small stand-alone mixer.
- As an AD converter preamplifier for a boom operator, with the possibility of mixing talkback with local monitoring
- For a radio journalist who will be able to record and monitor 2 mics interviews on his smartphone.
- For the musician or podcast creator who wants to benefit from very high quality inputs and outputs on his computer (PC or Apple-Mac) or smartphone (iOs or Android).
- For the audiophile who will benefit from a DA converter coupled with an exceptional headphone amplifier.
- Two mic/line analog inputs with 135dB dynamic range
- Independent line and phones outputs
- AES42/AES3 input, AES3 output
- Two channels in/out USB audio 2.0
- Powered by removable Li-ion battery, Hirose or USB with intelligent energy management
SX-M2D2 applications are countless. Here are some examples:
Inputs / Outputs
- 2x mic/line inputs on TA3, electronically balanced, with phase reversal, 48V phantom, LF cut and level control
- 1x AES3/AES42 on TA3, transformer balanced input with phase reversal and level control
- 1x line output on TA3, 2 channels analog unbalanced
- 1x AES3 output on TA3, 2 channels transformer balanced with ASRC (48/96/192k)
- 1x USB audio 2 channels input/output on micro USB type C connector
- independent line/headphones stereo output on mini-jack
- 135 dB (A-weighted) overall dynamic range
- THD < 0.001%
- 90 kHz overall frequency response @192kHz
- 24-bit 48/96/192kHz
- external DC 9-18V on Hirose 4-pin
- external DC 5V on micro USB
- removable 18650 lithium-ion battery cell, charged with external DC input
- intelligent energy management
- About 4.5 hours run-time with a full charged 11.5Wh battery and two Schoeps 48V microphones
The battery must be present in the device to ensure that all functions are always available.
The SX-M2D2 can be powered without a battery for a few moments when replacing a discharged battery with a charged one.
- 128×64 monochrome OLED display
- two rotary encoders for gain control
- 2 or 4 channels peak meters
- intuitive menu navigation
- Machined aluminum housing
- overall dimension: 74 x 28 x 130 mm (2.9’’ x 1.1’’ x 5.1’’)
- weight 336g (0.74lbs) with battery
- mounting holes on both sides
sell sheet rectoverso
User Manual EN
USB Audio Interface
Most recent Apple iPhone, iPad and Android devices work with the SX-M2D2. The following list resumes some suggested apps. Please note that since these apps come from third party vendors, no support is provided for them.
- Audio Evolution (iOS, Android)
- TwistedWave Audio Editor (iOS)
- Apogee Metarecorder (iOS)
- Field Recorder (Android)
Apple iOS cable compatibility: the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable doesn’t work with the SX-M2D2. Supported cables are the Lightning to USB Camera or the Lightning to USB 3 Camera adapters.
Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above, Windows 10 version 1703 and above and all (modern) Linux distributions natively supports USB Audio Class 2.0, no driver install is required.